Monday, October 17, 2011

Slow Cooker Pot Roast

I've been planning this lazy day dish for a few weeks now but with the weather getting cooler, I've made sure to take advantage of every beautiful day possible. Yesterday was no exception. 

At 8:30am, I set out at on a breath-taking 5k walk through Central Park, along side thousands of fellow American Cancer Society supporters. And after that walk, I was hungry!! What better way to relax and recoup than to pull out a slow-cooker let time do the cookin'!?

This is NOT my best photo. Once I realized how hard this dish would be to present cleanly, I opted for the classy paper plate. ;)

Recipe:
3 to 4 pound roast beef
flour to coat
salt and pepper
1 medium onion, roughly chopped
1 pkg. french onion soup mix
1 cup water
½ cup katsup
2 teaspoon dijon mustard
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ cup red wine

Directions: 
1) Pat meat dry then dredge in flour then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2) Place meat in slow cooking pot. Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl then pour over meat. 
2) Cover and cook on low 4-5 hours, on high.
*If desired, add small peeled potatoes, mushrooms and carrots to the pot with one hour remaining. 

No comments:

Post a Comment