Saturday, April 6, 2013

Kale Salad wtih Garlic and Onion Dressing

The infamous salad I talked about in my last post is one that I can't even take credit for but I'll happily make it any day! I had dinner with Hillery a few weeks ago and she whipped this bad boy up in no time.

I have to say, salad can be one of the most mundane dishes to make so if your looking to making something super delicious and quick for your next meal or party you've got to try this!


Recipe:
For the salad:
1 bunch kale, stems removed and roughly chopped or torn
1 red pepper, diced
1/2 cup grated Parmesan

For the Dressing:
4 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
1/2 onion, diced very small
1/2 cup olive oil
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar

Directions:
1) Toss the kale, parmesan and red pepper together then set aside.
2) Heat oil over medium heat then add garlic slices. Cook for about five minutes until the garlic starts to brown. Once browned, remove the garlic from the oil. Set on a paper towel to absorb oil. Next, add onion to oil and cook until softened. Finally, add balsamic to heated oil and onion. The dressing is complete
3) Crumble cooked garlic with your hands and add to the salad. This adds an amazing garlic crunch to each bite.
4) Top salad with dressing. Pour enough to just cover. Also, don't feel like you need to add all of the onion to the salad. A little goes a long way.

I am hooked on this salad and to my surprise so are my boyfriend and his friends! You know a salad is good when guys dig it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment