Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Shrimp and Mushroom Pasta in White Wine Sauce

If you've followed me for more than a week you'd know I LOVE making new pasta dishes. Last night was no exception. Tomorrow I'll be traveling for work for two days, then going on vacation for over a week. So much to do, so little time. Although I was in a time crunch to pack and prepare for my trips, I was able to enjoy a delicious meal...with wine in it no less!! OBVIOUSLY I had to finish the entire bottle. I couldn't let it go to waste while I was away. ;)

Recipe:
8 oz gluten free spaghetti noodles
14 to 16 shrimp, deveined and tails removed 
1 cup mushrooms, diced
1/2 cup tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup white wine
2 tbsp butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup Parmesan
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1) Cook noodles as directed on package. Reserved 1/2 cup of cooking water in case your sauce is a bit thick; you can use the reserved water to thin it out as desired.
2)  In a skillet over medium heat, melt one tablespoon of butter then add shrimp. Cook shrimp for about 2 minutes on each side, until pink. Once cooked, move shrimp to the edge of the pan. Add the garlic, mushrooms and tomatoes and cook until softened, about 3 to 5 minutes. Once softened, stir shrimp back into the mix and add wine and last tablespoon of butter. Cook until wine has reduced by about half then stir in parmesan and turn off heat.
3) Toss in cooked pasta and season with salt and pepper to taste. If your sauce does not fully cover, this would be the time to add a little bit of the reserved cooking water from the pasta. I always add more parmesan at this point too! ;)

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment