Tuesday, August 23, 2011
French Toast Cupcakes - UPDATE
I woke up yesterday morning with a craving for a delicious cupcake. It's been a few weeks since I've baked so it was definitely time to get back into the swing of things. I've made a lot of chocolate, red velvet and stuffed cakes and wanted to bake outside my realm.
After some searching, I found a great recipe on The Cupcakery Blog for French Toast Cupcake with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting. I knew this was it!! Simple yet tasty.
Cupcake Recipe: 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
2 eggs, room temperature
1 tsp maple extract
1/2 cup milk
1) Preheat your oven to 350° degrees. Line muffin tin with baking liners.
2) Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a mixing bowl.
3) In a large bowl, whisk together butter, sugar, and eggs until combined. Then add maple extract.
4) Alternate between whisking in flour mixture and milk into your liquid mixture. Make three additions of flour and two of milk. Beat until smooth.
5)Divide batter into prepared pan and bake 20-25 minutes until golden brown and tops spring back when lightly touched.
6) Cool cupcakes for 10 minutes, remove from pan and allow to cool completely before frosting.
Frosting Recipe: 8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
Pinch of salt
1 tsp maple syrup
4 1/2 cups confectioners sugar, sifted
cinnamon, as desired
1) Beat together cream cheese, butter and salt until creamy. Add maple syrup. Sprinkle in desired amount of cinnamon.
2) With mixer on low, add sugar 1/2 cup at a time until light and fluffy.
3) Increase mixer speed between additions.
4) Decorate and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from The-cupcakery-blog.blogspot.com