Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Fastest Chicken Noodle Soup, Ever!

Some nights, the last thing I want to do after a long day at work is cook. Yesterday was one of those instances. I am constantly telling myself that I am going to leave work at 5pm, then 6:15 rolls around and I'm still sitting at my desk. Maybe one day...



Luckily, I made a pit stop at Costco on Tuesday so that only means one thing: it's soup night! I've made chicken noodle soup enough times now that I have the recipe pretty well memorized so it was time for some easy tweaks. Rather than creating a stock from scratch, I used pre-made organic broth. Instead of slicing, dicing and sauteing fresh veggies, I opted for a package of frozen mixed ones. These simple switches saved at least 20 minutes of time. 

Recipe:
2 cups shredding chicken
2 qts organic chicken broth 
1 tbsp McCormick's All-Purpose seasoning
1 80z package of frozen mixed veggies
8 oz egg noodles
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1) Place broth, All-Purpose seasoning and chicken in a large dutch oven over medium-high heat. Bring to a simmer.
2) Add noodles and cook until el dente. With about 1 minute remaining until noodles are at their ideal texture, toss in frozen veggies. Cook for another 2 minutes.
3) Season with salt and pepper to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment