Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Tuscan White Bean Soup with Kale and Sausage


In my last post I mentioned my stockpile of frozen soups. One of my favorite gems of the year was one I made back in the spring: Tuscan White Bean Soup with Sausage and Kale.

When I first made this I was on a huge white bean kick which oddly enough hasn't really faded one bit. ;)  I seriously love them!! Not only are they inexpensive but they're also a great source of protein.

In a pinch to serve something quick and healthy you should definitely try this one! It tastes great if you swap the sausage with ground turkey too!

1 lb ground sausage, can be a mix of sweet and spicy
2 cans of white beans, drained and rinsed
1 small onion, diced
1 tbsp olive oil
1 bunch if kale, torn into small pieces
6 cups chicken broth
Salt and pepper to taste

1) Heat olive oil over medium high heat. Saute onion until translucent then add sausage and cook until fully browned.
2) Once meat is cooked through, toss in kale and saute for 2 to 3 minutes. Add in white beans and broth and bring to a boil. Once boiling, turn heat to low and simmer for about 20 minutes.
3) Season with salt and pepper then serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment