Monday, April 5, 2010

A Special Birthday Treat

As a special birthday treat to my boyfriend I searched long and hard for a dish that I knew he would love. (Personally, I would have rather taken him out to eat, but he personally requested that I cook. I was flattered. How could I say no?)

He L-O-V-E-S chicken and rice so I decided to make chicken teriyaki. It's yet another new dish to me so I was ready for the challenge. Then I saw the recipe... it was no challenge at all. If you're rushing to throw a tasty meal on the table, you've got to try this. I loved it!

Chicken Recipe:
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 cup teriyaki sauce
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 tsps garlic, minced
2 tsps sesame oil

Directions:
1) Place chicken, teriyaki sauce, lemon juice, garlic and sesame oil in a large resealable plastic bag. Seal bag, and shake to coat. Place in refrigerator for 24 hours, turning every so often. (I only did this for 1 hour - everything I do is in a rush.)
2) Lightly oil a grill pan and heat on medium high. Remove chicken from bag, discarding any remaining marinade. Grill for 6 to 8 minutes per side, or until juices run clear when chicken is pierced with a fork.

Rice Recipe:
2 cups brown rice, dry
3 cups water
1 tbsp butter

Directions:
1) Rinse rice then place in sauce pan.
2) Add 3 cups of water to rice (typical ratio is 1.5 cups of water to every cup of rice)
3) Heat on high, covered, until rice boils.
4) Once boiling, reduce heat to medium and let simmer until water evaporates (appz 20 minutes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment