Friday, May 28, 2010

Easy New Twist

It was another long day at work and I had no energy left to cook. Summer is in full swing which means lots of vacations for this girl, so I have to keep my spending down and eat at home even when I am at my tiredest.

I recently noticed that Costco sells four 1.5 pound packs of ground turkey for a really good price so I pulled a pack out of the freezer and whipped up a few turkey burgers, with a twist. To add a punch of flavor, I made some guacamole and threw it on a toasted bun before laying the burger patty on top. It was delicious!

I also cut a few corners and made micro-baked potato wedges, by microwaving the potatoes until almost cooked. Then I cut them into wedges, covered them in olive oil, salt, pepper and oregano and baked them for about 10 minutes.

Not too bad for a quick, late minute meal, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment