Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Meatloaf: Round 2

The holiday season is officially over. It's sad how fast it always seems to fly by. Yet here we are, the second week of January, buried in snow with only memories and mementos of Christmas and New Years. Maybe it's just me, but as soon as New Year's is over I fall into a spout of complete exhaustion. My work-day seems to drag on and the only thing I can bring myself to cook is pasta.

After the last week of pasta dinners, I had enough... I need some protein in my life! I always have ground turkey on-hand so after work I set out to make Turkey Meatloaf. Way back when I began this blog, meatloaf was one of my first recipes and I haven't made it since.

Feeling adventurous, I didn't bother looking for a recipe. I know enough now to know what will work well together and sweet Jesus! This meatloaf was the most tender, juicy-est piece of meat I have ever had! Delish! Check out the (sort-of) recipe. :)


Recipe:
2 lbs ground turkey
2 eggs
1/4 tsp pepper
1/8 tsp salt
2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
1/2 small white onion, diced
2 cloves garlic
1/2 pack french onion soup mix

Directions:
Mix all ingredients together by hand. Spray loaf pan generously with cooking spray and pat meat into pan firmly. Bake on 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Slice and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment