Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Special Valentine Meal(s)

My love for food is evident in my daily life. If I am not watching Food Network or the Cooking Channel, I am reading food magazines or looking up recipes. I couldn't let Valentine's Day pass me by with out expressing this love for my loved one. :)

I let my boyfriend know ahead of time that I'd be cooking a special meal for him in Sunday night since he had Monday planned for us already. I was so excited! I've had filet mignon in my freezer and thought this was the perfect time to prepare. I really wanted to make this a memorable meal so I decided to serve the steak with LOBSTER TAILS!!! YUM! Who doesn't love a little surf n' turf for a special occasion? Plus, I've never cooked lobster before so I was down for the adventure.

After watching video on YouTube for how to prepare lobster tails for broili
ng I set out on my new adventure. I have to say, it was pretty easy. If lobster was a little cheaper priced, I'd probably make it more often.


I served my surf n' turf over roasted asparagus with mushrooms. Boy, were we stuffed! It was one of the best meals I had eaten yet! Well.... until Valentine's day.

What I didn't know on Sunday was that my boyfriend had planned on cooking ME dinner!! He has watched me in the kitchen for almost two years now trying new recipes and making delicious meals for him and wanted to take the time to return the favor.

He chose to prepare Rack of Lamb with Rosemary Roasted Potatoes and Shallot Vinaigrette. He found this recipe on Foodnetwork.com under holiday dishes. And guess what? This dish also happens to be from "The Best of Detroit!" Which is where I am from, if you didn't know.

Watching my boyfriend cook was one of the cutest things I have ever seen. He was so excited to be cooking for me and paying extra close attention to detail to make sure he did not mess anything up. (AND he wouldn't let me help at all...which was tough on me.)

Once the meal was finished, I was in heaven!! He made the most succulent lamb chops I have ever had in my life! They were so tender and flavorful. I could have eaten them all. We really had a great Valentine's Day (or two) this year and I couldn't have been happier that it revolved around cooking!!


For the Lamb recipe, click here to visit Food Network's Recipe. (Please excuse my awful photos!! I was way too excited to eat to pay attention to the photo quality. Sorry!)

No comments:

Post a Comment