Saturday, November 30, 2013

Gluten Free Brownie Ice Cream Cake

Thanksgiving was an extra special holiday this year. It was also Bradley's birthday!! The big 21! (JK, he's much older than that!) ;)

We spent the day with Brad's family, me mostly in he kitchen. It's always a bit tricky cooking for a big group of people especially when I'm the only one with a food allergy. It worked out pretty seamlessly. We had turkey, potatoes, green beans and a few gluten filled dishes that I avoided. My meal was all delicious.

For dessert I whipped up a special treat for the birthday boy: gluten free ice cream cake! I prepared a box of gluten free brownie mix and once it cooled, I topped with a thick layer of slightly melted ice cream then popped it in the freezer for a bit. Before serving, I sprinkled some broken Butterfinger bars around the top as garnish. It was a bit hard to cut at first but chocolate brownies and vanilla ice cream are always perfect together!

No comments:

Post a Comment