Saturday, September 25, 2010

Chicken with a Cheesy Twist!

Last week, I was in the mood for some sort of yummy chicken dish. I always have chicken on hand, but wanted to try something other than a simple spiced, grilled chicken breast. Like always, I searched through my favorite cooking blogs and found a great recipe for Chicken with Goat Cheese and Sun-dried Tomato Sauce, from Annie's Eats.

It's a fairly simple recipe but somehow, I managed to mess it up. :( Rather than making a sauce, my end result was more of a paste, but it tasted great none the less. I have to say, goat cheese mixed with sun-dried tomatoes was a very tasty combination. The tartness of the cheese blended very well with texture and flavor of the tomatoes. I just wish I would have gotten the sauce right, to really get the full affect. Oh well.. I still love the dish. :)

Check out my version versus Annie's.

My version

Annie's Eat's version (So much better!)

Recipe:
2 chicken breasts, pounded thin
1 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup white wine
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 tbsp sun-dried tomatoes, chopped (and drained, if packed in oil.)
2 oz herbed goat cheese
salt and pepper

1) Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Heat skillet over medium-high heat and add oil. When oil is hot, add chicken breasts. Cook through, about 6 to 8 minutes per side, depending on thickness. Set aside.
2) In the same skillet, add the wine. Cook over medium-high heat until reduced by half, being sure to scrape up any browned bits from the chicken. Add the chicken broth and reduce that by about half too. Add the sun-dried tomatoes and heat through.
3) Remove skillet from heat and stir in the goat cheese. Top the chicken breasts with sauce and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment