Sunday, September 26, 2010

Cupcakes from Coast to Coast!

I just LOVE checking out cupcake boutiques, so it should be no surprise that while on work trips or personal vacations, I try to seek out the local hotspots.

While in California for work, I made a quick stop to Yummy Cupcakes, in Santa Monica. I am pretty sure they competed on the Food Network show Cupcake Wars, but I can't seem to find proof. lol. Either way, the shop was so cute. Covered in pink and brown decor, the bakery smelled and looked amazing. With so many different flavors, it was hard to pick just one, but I went with a chocolate, cream cheese frosted cupcake covered in coconut. It was definitely YUMMY!



Next stop: Michigan! While in the mall, I came across Just Baked. (Yes, a mall is a weird place for a cupcake shop, but there are 2 or 3 other Just Baked street locations.) These too were delicious. They even had my most favorite flavor ever! A rich chocolate cupcake, with butter cream filling, topped with a big mound of butter cream frosting, then coated in chocolate ganache. This is usually sold in cake from, called Bumpy Cake and is hands down my all time favorite cake... (to the point I had my family bring a cake with them when they came to visit.) I was so excited to see it! My all time favorite cake ever...now in cupcake form. I loved it!


No comments:

Post a Comment