Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!!

I couldn't let Halloween pass by without making a seasonal cupcake. My office hosts a Halloween party and we are urged to participate in pumpkin carving, costume and dessert baking contests. Naturally, I had to join in! Although I didn't win (weird, right?) I made the most delicious and satisfying cupcakes I've had yet.


Caramel Apple Cupcakes

These cupcakes tasted just like biting into a caramel apple, minus the texture of course. They were so moist and exceptionally flavorful. The candy topping made them beyond perfect!

Recipe:
1 box spiced cake mix or carrot cake mix (makes no difference - and I actually made them both ways and like them both)
Water and eggs as directed on box
substitute apple sauce for veggie oil directed
2 cups, chopped Granny Smith apples.

Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 cupcake pans with liners and set aside.
2) Prepare cake batter, with apple sauce instead of veggie oil and blend.
3) Once fully combined, fold in apples.
4) Gently scoop batter into cupcake liners, filling about 2/3 full. Bake as directed on box.

Icing Recipe:
20 cubes Kraft Caramel
3 tbsp milk

Directions:
Place caramels in a microwave safe bowl. Add milk and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir then return to microwave for another 30 seconds. Continue the process until caramel is melted. Let it sit for 5 minutes before drizzling over cupcakes.

I topped my cakes with little candy, chocolate chips and peanuts to really add the caramel affect. It was a PERFECT addition! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment