Saturday, September 24, 2011

Vanilla Cupcakes with Chocolate Spice Frosting!


In honor of my dear friend Lauren's birthday, I whipped up a quick (but tasty) batch of cupcakes! It was a busy week of work so I had to think of a quick way to make something delicious. I baked a batch of Pillsbury's Classic White Cupcakes. 

When it came time to frost I pulled chocolate frosting in my cupboard, but wasn't really fellin' it. So I thought of a great way to doctor it up. I whipped the frosting in my blender to make it creamer. Then, I added a tablespoon of cocoa powder to build richness. Then things got crazy. I wanted to change up the flavor a bit so I sprinkled in 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper and 2 teaspoons of chili powder, and continued to whip the frosting until all was combined. Then voila! I had a spicy chocolate frosting! Once pipped over the cupcakes, it added a great smoky flavor to the cake. I think it was a hit. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment