Thursday, August 1, 2013

Gluten Free Shimp and White Bean Pesto

No matter how hard I try, I always reach a point where I am completely out of groceries. I don't mean that I have like 3 things in the fridge, I mean absolutely nothing except condiments. I've hit some pretty major lows in my life, but never low enough to suffer through a few squirts of cetchup as a meal. Thankfully, I rarely let my freezer or pantry run dry and tonight, that was my savior.

After a long day at work I was able to scan my kitchen and whip up gluten free pasta with shrimp, white beans and pesto! And not just any pesto -  locally made pesto from Yolanda Pesto. I believe Yolanda Pesto it is a one woman show, which is incredible and on top of that, it's the best pesto I've ever had. Every bite tastes like you just made it from freshly cut basil. MMm mm! I could put this on everything, and I probably will but for tonight, check out this recipe!

Recipe:
8 oz gfree pasta
1/4 to 1/2 cup reserved cooking water from pasta
8 to 10 shrimp, cleaned and tails removed
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 can white beans
1/3 cup of Yolanda Pesto, or other pesto of your choice
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1) Cook pasta as directed on package. Be sure to reserve the cooking water for later.
2) Heat oil in a sautee pan over medium-high heat. Toss in shrimp and cook until pink, about two minutes on each side. Just as shrimp is finishing, toss in white beans to slightly heat.
3) Turn off the heat then add the pesto and 1/4 cup of reserved cooking water. Stir until combined. If pesto is still chunky and not fully covering the pasta, add a little bit of the reserved water until desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper.

I will say, the color of this dish is pretty bland looking but the flavor is amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment