Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Gluten Free Pancakes!

When it comes to breakfast on the weekends I tend to stick with a large cup of coffee and maybe a little fruit. But every once and a while I get a craving for something more, something soft and fluffy covered in melted butter and gooey syrup: pancakes!!!

Growing up, my mom ALWAYS made us french toast...literally, the BEST french toast on the planet. We'd have it for breakfast on the weekends and every once and a while for dessert (Yes, french toast for dessert. Try it. You won't be disappointed.) In any case, french toast was so prevalent that having pancakes for breakfast was a treat. Naturally, this treat was removed from my diet with the onset of Celiac but all that changed last weekend.

I was up and at it extra early and veryyyy hungry. I've had Bob's Red Mill g-free all purpose baking flour in my Cabinet so it was time to put it to use again. In the process of cooking I realized I was out of syrup so I sent my boyfriend running to the store because what are pancakes without sweet yummy syrup! End result: peer bliss!!!

 Recipe:
1 1/3 cups gfree all purpose baking flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil

Directions:
1) Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and oil. With the whisk, stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until smooth.
2) Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Spoon about 1/3 cup pancake batter onto pan. Flip when bubbly and edges are slightly dry.
3) Cover in butter and gfree maple syrup, as desired (of course.)

No comments:

Post a Comment