Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream For...

...ICE CREAM CONE CUPCAKES!!! Yup! I said it.... Ice Cream Cone Cakes!!

Imagine scrumptious little cupcakes, baked right inside the perfect cupcake holder...an ice cream cone. They are great for munching on the go, impressing friends and beyond amazing for children's birthday parties. (My mother made these for my birthday in Kindergarten. They were so much fun. I loved them!)


Recipe:
Your favorite boxed cupcake mix (including egg, oil and water as directed)
You favorite frosting
24 ice cream cones

1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare boxed cupcake mix as directed.
2) Sit 24 ice cream cones in the divots of two cupcake pans. (This helps keep the cones from tipping while baking.) If you have left over batter, make a second batch.
3) Fill cones 3/4 of the way full. (I stopped around the top of the little circle line in the cone.)
4) Bake for 22 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean when testing.
5) Let cool then ice as desired.

YUM!

(Another set of great photos by: Kristina Romeo)

1 comment: