Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Dinner in a Flash!

After a long weekend of running around, the last thing I wanted to do on Sunday was cook. My boyfriend was heading to the gym so I asked him to pick me up a pizza...real healthy, I know! After waiting an hour and no boyfriend in sight, I decided I had to make something to eat or I'd wither away!

I didn't have much to work with. Onions, scallions, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, frozen veggies and pasta. Yikes! Plenty of vegetables but no prepared pasta sauce in sight. I jumped on-line and listed all the ingredients I had and BAM! The perfect recipe popped up: Bow Ties with Sun-Dried Tomato and Scallion Cream. 15 minutes later... I had a great meal, packed with flavor. :)


Recipe:
5 scallions, white and light-green parts only

6 tbsp chopped reconstituted sun-dried tomato halves, about 12 halves
1 cup light cream or half and half (I used heavy cream ;) it was all I had)
1 lb bow tie pasta noodles
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper

Directions:
1) In a blender or food processor puree the scallions with sun-dried tomatoes and 1/2 cup of cream.
2) Cook noodles as directed on package. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water. Drain and toss with puree, the remaining 1/2 cup of cream, 1/3 cup of reserved pasta water, salt and pepper. If the sauce seems to thick, add in more reserved pasta water until you are satisfied with the consistency.

This was one of the quickest meals I've prepared in a long time and was PACKED full of flavor. I absolutely loved that I was able to prepare a great tomato cream sauce with practically no effort at all. You have to try this!

Recipe courtesy of Delish.com

No comments:

Post a Comment