Friday, March 25, 2011

Grocery Bag - Night 5: Pizza Remix!

For the final night of the Grocery Bag series, I recycled the second half of last nights pizza dough to create a an entirely different type of pizza. And let's be honest, it's Friday so I'm feeling a little lazy. ;)


This post is less of a recipe and more of a suggestion. Obviously, if you have pizza dough and cheese at home, you can whip up any kind of pizza with a few other ingredients. Last weekend I made omelets with prosciutto, tomato, and asparagus and had some prosciutto left over so I decided to make that the main attraction on my second pie.

I started by rolling out the pizza dough as described in yesterday's recipe. I spread a very thin layer of truffle oil on the dough then topped with minced garlic and thin slices of shallot. I popped this into an oven preheated at 350 degrees for 5 minutes. I then placed a few thin slices of prosciutto on top and baked for another 3 minutes. Next, I topped the pie with a THICK layer of gruyere and put it back in the oven to melt. My final touch on the pizza was a small drizzle of truffle oil on top to add perfect flavor to every bite.

This pizza was one of the best I ever had and SO easy to make! I thought I would only eat a few pieces ... then 30 minutes later I looked down to find an empty plate. Oops! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment