Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Italian Steakhouse Night

Food Network Magazine for March is titled the Italian issue. When I saw this, I almost screamed! I absolutely love pasta and just recently made homemade pasta for the first time and loved it. Naturally, I have been dying to try other sauces and now have the resources!

Since I just did one red sauce, I decided to go with another for comparison and went with their Chunky Tomato Sauce. I served the pasta in small ramekins along side fillet Mignon.


Recipe:
1 oz diced salami (I left this out)
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 tbsp olive oil
1 28oz can plum tomatoes
6 basil leaves
pinch of sugar, salt and pepper
12 oz cooked rotini

Direction:
1) Cook salami and garlic in a skillet with olive oil over medium heat, 1 minute.
2) Drain plum tomatoes (reserve the juice); crush into the skillet and cook 5 minutes.
3) Add the tomato juice, basil and salt, pepper and sugar; cook 5 minutes. Stir in 3/4 cup of water and simmer until thick.
4) Toss pasta and top with grated parmesan and basil.

Over the next week or so I'll be trying out a few of the different sauce recipes. I hope they inspire you to try something new. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment