Thursday, April 18, 2013

What I've Been Using...

Over the last few months I've been doing my best to get comfortable with my gluten free lifestyle. It sure hasn't been easy but I've been fortunate enough to come across several gluten free products to make the transition a little less challenging.

I'll let you all in on a little secret... I haven't yet mastered the art of baking with the g-free all purpose flour. I've done some research and read that typically, a little bit of xanthan gum needs to be added to get the same consistency as regular flour. Rather than spending hours in my hot kitchen getting this science down, I stick with pre-made baked goods, like the Emmy's Lemon Ginger Macaroons below. They were so delicious!

Check out some of the goods here! And in case you're wondering, Red Bridge beer is my favorite of all of these products. ;)







No comments:

Post a Comment