Friday, July 12, 2013

Bistango - Gluten Free Italian Restaurant Review

Dinning out these days is always a gamble. I've discovered that no matter how detailed I am when explaining Celiac Disease to a waiter, they never quite understand. More often than not, I end up not feeling well after my meal. As a result, I've done my best to cut back on eating out but lets be serious... living in New York, it's unavoidable. It's also one of the greatest things about this city- any kind of food you want at any hour. Is amazing!! 

Thanks to some research by my boyfriend, I've found one of my new go-to spots: Bistango! It's located in Murray Hill, not too far from my office. The restaurant offers regular and gluten free fare. Before even ordering drinks (Green's g-free beer is what we went with), the waiter asked if either of us had any food allergies. It was very happy because I knew I was in good hands. On top of being thrilled that I'd be able to enjoy some of my Italian favorites, the service and attention to detail by the server was great.  

That evening, my boyfriend and I ordered Bistango's amazing burrata mozzarella with prosciutto and roasted red pepper. It was so creamy and delicious and went great with the g-free bread and garlic olive oil they served. For our main courses, we both ordered different g-free pasta dishes so I had a chance to try a few options. I order the short-rib bolognese (obvii) and Brad ordered sausage and pepper with spinach. Both of them were out of this world!! I, of course, topped mine with tons of fresh parm so it was even better. ;)

I honestly didn't think things could get any better, then the dessert menu came. Almost all of their desserts are g-free. I pretty much squealed and I read RED VELVET CAKE!!! Yes, I said it... gluten free red velvet!! It was soooooooo moist and delicious. I literally inhaled it. Poor Brad barely got three bites. 

We've been back several times since and have always enjoyed our meal. I give you my word that this will be one of your favorite gluten free spots too!

Burrata Mozzarella with Prosciutto and Roasted Red Peppers

G-Free Bread with Garlic Olive Oil

G-Free Penne with Short-Rib Bolognese

G-Free Red Velvet Cake!

Green's G-Free Beer

No comments:

Post a Comment