Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Mac and Cheese!!!

Aside from buttered noodles covered in parm,  one of my fave dishes B.C. (before celiac) was Mac and cheese. MMMM mmmm!! I loved me some stringy, gooey, cheesy macaroni! It didn't take me long to find my go-to noodle substitute so I'm really not sure why it has taken me this long to make some again. The good news: I haven't lost my mac & cheese making touch! This dish might have been my best Mac ever. In addition to boatloads of cheese, I added sausage and pepperoni to give the meal some substance. Man, was it good!! Enough talking - get in the kitchen and make this!!


Recipe:
8 oz gluten free elbow noodles
10 slices of small pepperoni, I used the ones for topping pizzas
2 sausage links, casings removed 
1 cup Velveeta cheese, cubed
1/3 cup shredded cheese, I used a nacho blend but anything works great
2 oz cream cheese
dash of milk

Directions:
1) Cook pasta according to package.
2) While pasta is cooking, heat frying pan over medium high heat and cook sausage, breaking it into little bits. One almost fully cooked, toss in pepperoni to heat it through. 
3) Once pasta is complete, drain and rinse then place back in the saucepan it was cooked in. Toss in Velveeta and cream cheese, mixing until fully melted. If the cheese is too thick, add a dash of milk to loosen a bit. Add shredded cheese and meat then stir until fully combined. Season with salt and pepper if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment