Friday, September 20, 2013

Broccoli Chicken Pasta


In my  post earlier this week I mentioned that I had a great recipe to use up the wonderful chicken I roasted. As you saw from my leftover suggestions, I tend to make a lot of soup with extra chicken on hand so this one had to be different. I scoured Pinterest high and low and saw a lot of great options. Some form of chicken Alfredo is what stuck out to me. Since learning of Celiac, I've steered clear of Alfredo sauces since you can never be too sure of what is added to the sauce. Tonight, I mastered my own delicious creamy cheesy masterpiece!

Recipe:
12 oz gluten free noodles,  used the thinnest noodle I could find and broke it into bits
1 stick unsalted butter
1/2 cup gluten free all purpose flour
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
1 lb broccoli florets, steamed
1 1/4 cups milk

Directions:
1) Prepare noodles according to package directions, drain and set aside. You'll probably want to pour a little oil over top to ensure they don't stick together.
2) Melt butter into a medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in g-free flour, salt and pepper, whisking until thick and combined. Slowly whisk in chicken broth until combined. Increase heat to high and whisk until thick and bubbly. Reduce heat to low and stir in cheese until melted.
3) Transfer noodles to a large pot and turn burner on low heat. Add chicken, broccoli and cheese sauce, stirring to combine. The sauce will be thick. Stir in milk to loosen sauce to your liking. Serve and enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment