Thursday, September 26, 2013

Baker's Corner Gluten Free Brownie Mix

I'm not big on posting product reviews but after giving it some thought  I realized that many of you out there may not have tried gluten free boxed cake or brownie mix. Then I realized that if i didn't post this, you may never eat brownies again. Just kidding... Cue dramatics.

So here it is: my product review of Baker's Corner Gluten Free Brownie Mix. My mom picked this mix up for me at Aldi in Michigan and carried it with her all the way to New York. (Don't worry, she drove. It's not like this took up space in her only suitcase on a flight or anything.) I'm fairly certain Baker's Corner is an off brand of Betty Crocker. I've seen their g-free mixes at the grocery store as well but have yet to give it a try.

 

Anyway, let's get on with this. The process of adding ingredients i.e. egg, water, and oil or butter is the same as any boxed mix. That goes for he baking as well. The one thing different is the taste. I opted to use oil since I always did with regular mixes but going forward I plan to use butter. The creamy, saltiness of the butter would have definitely improved this recipe. Don't get me wrong, they were nice and chocolaty and perhaps some wouldn't have noticed the difference, but I did. The mix needed that tiny kick of flavor that it was missing with oil.

Despite this flaw, I devoured majority of the brownies myself. Do I regret it? Nope!! I don't get the opportunity to enjoy tasty cakey treats anymore.  I will definitely use this mix again. It gets and A+ for convenience and A- for taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment