Thursday, September 5, 2013

Caprese Pasta!

My parents always drive when they come to visit so I used that to my advantage this year: Costco trip! They told me in advance that they were bringing me a ton of tomatoes fresh from their garden. When they said "ton," they weren't joking. Between regular tomatoes and cherry tomatoes, I had about 6 pounds of tomatoes on my hands. I used a few in my previous Tomato Vegetable Casserole dish and gave a few away to friends, but that still left me with quite a few tomatoes to deal with. I'm a huge fan of mozzarella caprese so I picked up some fresh mozz when we we're at Costco.

Thank goodness I did!! On top of enjoying traditional caprese with my family, I made a pasta rendition of my favorite treat!

Recipe:
8 oz gluten free pasta - I went with tube shaped pasta
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1 beefsteak tomato, cut into chunks
1 1/2 cups mozzarella, cut into cubes
1 bunch of basil, chopped
3 tbsps olive oil
2 tbsps balsamic glaze
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1) Cook pasta as directed on package.
2) Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium high heat and add tomatoes. Sautee until tender; about 4 to 5 minutes.
3) Turn heat off. Once pasta is complete, toss pasta into pan with tomatoes then add mozzarella and basil. Stir then add in oil and balsamic glaze. Season with salt and pepper.

That's it! Super easy and so delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment