Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Broccoli, Scallion, Chickpea Pasta

Brad and I just got back from an amazing weekend with my nephews and family in Nashville. My little brother surprised us and he and his girlfriend decided to drive down for the weekend as well. We visited the Honky Tonks downtown, went to the Chiefs vs Titans game and had authentic BBQ (that made me sick... Yuck).

When we got home, exhausted after playing with the boys from sun up to sun down, the last thing we wanted to do was cook and I had nothing to work with. My hunger won and I threw together scallion, broccoli and chickpea pasta. With a little bit of salt, pepper and Parmesan, it was amazing. For 15 minutes work in the kitchen, I was a happy lady!

Recipe:
8oz gfree pasta
2 tbsp butter or oil
1/2 can chick pea, rinsed
2 cups frozen chopped broccoli, cooked
2-3 Scallions, chopped
Salt, pepper and Parmesan to taste.

Directions:
1) Cook pasta as directed on package, any shape noodle with do.
2) Heat broccoli until cooked all the way through then toss with chickpeas and scallions.
3) When pasta is finished cooking, toss with butter, broccoli, chickpeas and scallions then season with salt, pepper and Parmesan to taste.

It's really that easy and delicious! 

No comments:

Post a Comment