Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Tuna Salad

I've been craving tuna salad lately. It's an odd craving for me since it's not a dish that I eat very often but at least it's healthy, right? Earlier this summer while on vacation with Brad's family, I was introduced to the Ellis tuna salad special. In addition to celery and onions, they add apples to their salad. I was immediately intrigued.

Verdict: it was love at first bite!! The sweetness of the apples added an amazing taste and crunchiness to the salad. I'll probably never make this another way again.

Recipe:
2 cans of tuna, packed in water
1/2 onion, diced small
2 gala apples, diced into chunks
3 stalks of celery
1/2 - 3/4 cups mayo
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

Directions:
Combine the ingredients in a large bowl. Use your best judgment when it comes to mayo. If the salad is a bit thick, you'll want to add the additional quarter cup of mayo. If you happen to add too much, toss in a few more apple or celery chunks to beef it up. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment