Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Spiralize it!!!

I'm pretty obsessed with pasta but on my "get that summer body ready" journey, over indulging in carbs are a big no-no. To help inspirie me to eat healthier I've been following a bunch of healthy Instagram pages. I keep seeing posts for zucchini noodles. Yes, noodles made from raw zucchini... Covered in bolognese! (Can I get a hell yea!??) After about 15 posts I had to know how it works. I went on Amazon and ordered myself a cheep spiralizer and two days later it was time to cook!

This little gadget fits in your hand and has one end for fine noodles and another for a little bit thicker ones. All I had to do was trim the end of the zucchini and push it into one end of the spiralizer. With a little squeezing and turning, noodle like strands of zucchini started to fall onto my cutting board. 

I have to admit, this process took a little effort and you end up with little numbs of zucchini that won't fit through the spinner but the way I see it... More calories burned and extra squash for the sauce! This is great for quick meals using any long skinny veggie like yellow squash and carrot. There is another version of the spiralizer that stands on a table top and had a handle so you can spin anything from beets to apples. I'm sersiousy debating on upgrading already. I can't stop thinking of all the things I could turn to noodles!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment