Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Tomato Basil Soup

Even though the summer heat is enough to make you melt, don't forget about winter's favorite meal: Soup. My fridge and pantry were empty last night. The only things I had left were various cans of soup, noodles and spices galore. Canned soup alone is never enough for me so I doctored it up by making my own semi-homemade tomato basil soup.


Recipe:
1 can Campbell's tomato soup
1/3 cup heavy cream
1/3 cup cooked cous cous
1/4 tsp dried basil
Salt and pepper

1) Bring soup to a rolling boil over medium heat. Add in heavy cream and stir until well blended and heated through.
2) Sprinkle in basil and salt and pepper to taste.
3) Stir in cous cous and continue heating on low for about 5 minutes.

Serve and enjoy! (You may want to blast the air conditioning for this one) ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment