Sunday, June 27, 2010

2 Dinners and a Baby!

My brother Chris and his wife Ashley just had their first child, Grady. He was born on Mat 23rd weighing in at 8 pounds, 2.5 ounces and 18 inches long. He is such a cutie! (and I am not just saying that because he is my nephew!)


It was so exciting to spend time with him and watch as he cried, slept, ate, etc. I was mesmerised. He is so precious. But I could tell from watching my sister-in-law, that having a new baby is as challenging as it is joyful. Having to constantly feed, change and play with him leaves my sister with little time to take care of herself, let alone prepare dinner so to help, I did what I do best: I Cooked!


Night one: Grilled steak and corn with Mojito lime shrimp, chickpea salad and rosemary potatoes.


Chris prepared the steaks with salt, pepper and fresh rosemary then grilled them to perfection. Thanks to the help of Ashley, the corn was covered in butter then grilled in foil. It turned out great. To go with the meal, I marinated fresh shrimp in McCormick's Grill Mates Mojito Lime marinade and fried them for 6 to 7 minutes, until crispy. I followed my own recipe for chick pea salad and to make the potatoes, I sliced them thinly and covered them in olive oil, salt, pepper and fresh rosemary. I baked them for 20 - 25 minutes on 400 degrees. Everything tasted delicious and we had plenty of left overs for lunch the next day!


Night two: Baked salmon with mushroom and herb cous-cous and left-over chick pea salad.


I prepared the salmon just like I did in my post in the past. The cous cous took about 10 minutes, thanks to the directions on the box and the chick pea salad was ready to go. It couldn't have been easier and tasted delish!

It was great to finally cook for my family, especially new parents that hardly have time to cook. If I could, I would cook for them all the time. There is no better feeling than to know that the meal you prepared was appreciated by so many.

The entire weekend was fabulous. Getting to know Grady and spending time with my family was great. It was so hard to say goodbye but I am looking forward to visiting again soon.

Here are some more shots of my adorable nephew! I can't get enough of him!


No comments:

Post a Comment