Saturday, June 19, 2010

It's Grilling Season!

One of the joys of living in a new building in NYC is having a beautiful rooftop. Last weekend I took a trip up to my roof to enjoy the sunshine and came across a BRAND NEW grill! Our landlord kept mentioning that he was trying to get a licenses to have a grill for us, but I always had my doubts...until now.

I ripped off the cover to find that not only did we have a grill, but it has a built-in sink and direct lines connecting the grill to both water and gas. It's AMAZING! And lucky for me, I had just bought steaks at the grocery the day before.

Once it was about dinner time, I threw together my favorite chickpea salad, fake baked some potatoes in the microwave, seasoned my steaks and went straight to the roof.


The meat cooked perfectly...beautiful grill marks and just the right shade of pink! (I prefer my steak cooked medium.) We enjoyed our meal on the roof as the sun was setting. How good does it look!?

One a side note: check out this panoramic view of me on the roof. So beautiful!


No comments:

Post a Comment