Monday, December 12, 2011

Ingredient Remix: Ravioli in Sage-Butter Sauce

After last nights delicious meal, I couldn't help but think about how the rest of my unused sage was going to go to waste. I have a love-hate relationship with unique ingredients. I love trying them out, but hate that I rarely use what is left over. I just couldn't let this happen again.

Within a few short minutes, I knew exactly how I wanted to use my left-over sage: Ravioli with Sage-Butter Sauce. I'm embarrassed to admit it, but this use to be my favorite dish at Olive Garden. That is, until they took it off their menu because they found the sauce too hard to prepare. 

Really? I'm pretty sure the sauce took about 3 minutes to make and the ravioli in only 4. That's dinner in less than 10 minutes!! I wish every meal was that easy. This definitely should be added to your list of go-to weeknight meals. It will not disappoint. 

 Recipe: 
1 package, frozen meat ravioli
5 tbsp butter
10 sage leaves
juice from 1/2 lemon
Parmesan cheese

Directions:
While ravioli cooks, melt butter in a saute pan over medium-high heat until golden brown color appears along the outer edge of the butter. Add the sage leaves and remove from head. Squeeze in lemon juice and set aside. Drain pasta, leaving some cooking water and gently pour into serving dish. Pour butter sauce over pasta and sprinkle on cheese as desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment