Monday, December 26, 2011

Merry Christmas!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! Aside from great company, I received great gifts and over-indulged in some pretty amazing food!! 

I am a sucker for holiday treats and my contribution to our holiday feast did not make it easy for me to control myself. I've recently become addicted to Pinterest and can't stop finding recipe ideas...I'm on inspiration over load to say the least!! 

After seeing this recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies, I knew I was in trouble! These were one of the most delicious baked goods I've had yet! Soft, gooey cookie dough atop fudgey, moist brownies definitely hit the spot! (All 10 times that I had one!) ;)

Brownie Recipe:
1 box brownie mix, and all ingredients listed on the box

Cookie Dough Recipe: 
3/4 cup butter, at room temperature
3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed

3/4 cup granulated white sugar

3 tbsp milk

1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips

1/2 cup semisweet chip

Topping:
Chunks of peppermint Bark 

Directions:
1) Prepare Brownies according to the directions on the box. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a 9x13-inch pan with nonstick spray. Spread batter into prepared pan. Bake 25 to 35 minutes. Watch closely and remove from oven when toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool completely.
2) To make cookie dough,  in your mixer combine butter, brown sugar and white sugar. Mix in milk and vanilla. Mix in flour just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
3) Spread cookie dough over the cooled brownies. Top with crushed pieces of peppermint bark, of any size. (You can skip the peppermint bark all together, but I wanted to add a little Christmas flare!) 
4) Refrigerate until the dough is firm.  To speed up the process, you can place them in the freezer.  Use a sharp knife to cut the brownies. Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment