Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Poached Eggs

Okay, I'll be the first to admit that this post isn't overwhelmingly exciting. Poached eggs... Nothing special, right? Yes, I agree. However, I've never attempted to make them at home. Eggs Benedict is one of my brunch time faves so it was about time I learned how to make it at home if I wanted.

Now let's not get crazy. I didn't attempt the hollandaise sauce just yet... Baby steps. I did some research and all of the egg data I collected suggested adding a tablespoon of vinegar to your water, bring water to a slow bowl, stir then pour the cracked egg into the mini cyclone forming in the pot. I started by cracking my egg into the bowl then when dropping in i executed as seamlessly as possible. I lost a bit of egg white but not too much. Not too shabby for my first try! 



Have I made them again since then? No... But I know I can do it and it tasted amazing over toast points! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment