Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas to All!

Merry Christmas! I hope everyone is enjoying their time spent with friends and family on this joyous holiday! It's great to just relax and bask in the season with the ones around you. Plus, who doesn't love all the delicious food!?

I was blessed this Christmas with wonderful gifts to help advance my skills in the kitchen. My amazing boyfriend bought me the fabulous apron that you see below as well as a cooking class at the Institute of Culinary Education in NYC! How amazing is that!? I.C.E has over 100 classes to choose from, I have no idea how I am going to pick just one, but when I do... you'll definitely hear about it.

And it didn't stop there... My mom sent me a very useful set of measuring bowls (also shown below,) my boyfriends sister got me a cookbook and his mother got me another, along with a mini slap-chop! How great is that? I have so many tools now. It's fabulous!




To give everyone something to nosh on while waiting for dinner, I whipped up two quick dip recipes.

Blue Cheese Dip: (It's the BOMB.COM!)
2 cups sour cream
1 1/4 cup mayo
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
4 oz blue cheese

1) mix sour cream, mayo, salt and pepper together until smooth.
2) Carefully fold blue cheese in.
3) ENJOY!!! It was great with veggies, but also very yummy with potato chips or pita chips!


Mozzarella Dip
1 cup sour cream
1 3/4 cup mayo
1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 tbsps parmesan cheese, grated
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp onion powder
dash of garlic salt
dash of seasoning salt

Mix all ingredients well and serve with your favorite chips or veggies

Both dips were pretty tasty, but I loved the kick of flavor in the blue cheese dip.


Dinner is in the making. My boyfriends grandmother is the top chef in the house, so I helped a little with chopping and that's it. It's kind of nice to watch and learn! ;)

I hope everyone has an amazing night! Merry Christmas!

-Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment