Saturday, December 19, 2009

My First Official FAIL

Well friends, I just had my first completely failed dinner! I'm pretty disappointed about this one. I didn't have time to look online for a good recipe to make, so on my walk home I thought up my own. I was hoping to make Blue Cheese - Barbecue Burgers.

I started by picking up a little over a pound of ground sirloin (which makes this fail even worse since sirloin is such a great cut of meat.) I headed home and added 1/8th teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper and 1/2 a teaspoon of onion powder.

Now here is where I took a turn for the worse: next, I added 1/4 cup of BBQ sauce. I mixed all the ingredients together by hand and noticed that the BBQ sauced didn't mix through all the meat, so I added another 1/4 cup. For some reason, I didn't stop there (although my gut feeling said NO!) After another 1/4 cup (making that a grand total of 3/4 cups of BBQ sauce,) I finally stopped.

I formed 4 patties, and put 2 of the larger in a frying pan on high. While these began to cook, I stuffed blue cheese in the smaller patties - just incase I didn't taste good, I'd still have 2 burgers without cheese.

As these cooked, they began to fall apart rather rapidly. I tried my hardest to keep these together but the longer they cooked, the more they fell apart. I tasted some of the fallen meat and it was insanely sweet!!! (Probably because I decided to use Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce.)

I finally gave up and turned off the burner. In no way did these taste good. I think I could have saved the meat and made a really spicy pasta sauce then thrown it in to sweeten the sauce up, but honestly, I never wanted to see the meat again!

So there you have it: My first official FAIL! :( I plan on retrying these burgers soon, with someone else's recipe of course! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment