Sunday, December 20, 2009

Repeat Attempt: Blue Cheese Burgers

If you haven't read my previous post yet, please start there. ;) I attempted to make Barbecue Blue Cheese Burgers last week, and it just didn't pan out. I don't give up that easy, so tonight I gave it another whirl (this time with a recipe in hand.) I also decided to drop the BBQ portion of the burger, a simple twist should be enough.

Recipe:
1 pound ground sirloin
1.5 oz of blue cheese, crumbled
2 tbsps sauteed red onion
1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp dry mustard
4 hamburger buns

1) In a medium size bowl, mix ground beef, blue cheese, sauteed onion, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, salt and dry mustard by hand. Create 4 to 5 patties.
2) On medium heat, fry patties in a large skillet for 10 to 15 minutes, depending on preference of color.
3) Toast buns, and serve. For an extra kick, sprinkle on a little bit more blue cheese. I did...it was great! ;)

Recipe adapted from: All Recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment