Thursday, March 11, 2010

Fastest Homemade Dinner Ever!

I was recently promoted and with any promotion comes a great deal of responsibility and longer hours. The first few weeks have been an adjustment, which is why you've seen a decrease in blog entries. But I'm determined to continue cooking no matter what the obstacles. Today, I worked 11 hours, but a girl can't go to bed hungry so I whipped up a family favorite: Tuna Noodle.

I don't know when or why my mother started making this, but I have loved it since I was a kid. It's easy to make and a quick way to get protein and pasta together. From time to time, my mother would add peas to the dish, but tonight I added sauteed red onion.


Recipe:
8 oz elbow noodles (egg noodles or small shells work well too)
2 cans of tuna
1/2 small red onion, diced
3 tbsp butter
salt and pepper to taste

1) Cook noodles as directed on package.
2) Meanwhile, melt 1 tbsp of butter in a small skillet and saute onion until tender. Set aside.
3) Drain noodles and place back in sauce pan. Add 2 tbsp of butter, tuna, onion and combine. Stir until butter is melted. Salt and pepper to taste.

Pretty easy, right? I walked in the door at 5 minutes to 8 and was sitting on my couch eating by 8:15! How amazing is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment