Thursday, March 18, 2010

Pine Nut Crusted Chicken with Pasta

I've been so creative with my recipe selection lately that I decided it was time to get back to the basics. What did I always post about in the beginning? Chicken dishes!!! Of course my fave recipe book by SHAPE had an amazing recipe. Pine Nut Crusted Chicken with Angel Hair Pasta.

I grew up eating baked breaded chicken, so I had to give this fried version a shot. Aside from being super easy to cook, the crispy texture mixed with the subtle pine nut flavor made for an amazing dish.


Recipe:

6 tbsp season dry bread crumbs
2 tbsp finely chopped pine nuts
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, flattened between 2 pieces of plastic wrap until 1/2 inch thick
2 tsp olive oil
8 oz uncooked angel-hair pasta
1 14oz can diced tomatoes seasoned with basil, garlic and oregano

Directions:
1) In a shallow dish, combine bread crumbs and pine nuts. Add chicken and turn to coat both sides. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook 3 minutes per side, until golden brown. Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook 1-2 more minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
2) Meanwhile, cook pasta as directed on box. Drain and toss with diced tomatoes. Serve with chicken and pasta.

Sounds extremely, right? It took me about 20 minutes to make this. It doesn't get better than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment