Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Herrreee Porky Porky!!

On my way home from work tonight, I sat and thought about what I haven't eaten in a long time and the first thing that came to mind was PORK!!! I've made two different pork roasts, but haven't taken a stab at pork chops, so I figured "Why not?"

Growing up, my mom always made boneless, breaded chops so I wanted to try something a little different. I stopped by my local butcher and picked up 3 one inch, bone-in chops. I found a very easy recipe on cooks.com and was ready to cook!


Recipe:
4 (6 to 8 oz) pork chops
1/2 cup red wine
1 tsp paprika
pinch of cumin
4 cloves of garlic, minced
2 to 3 tbsp olive oil

Directions:
1) In a large bowl or Zip Lock bag, add the chops and top with red wine, paprika, cumin and garlic. Place into refrigerator for about 1 hour.
2) Remove the chops form the marinade, shake, then discard remaining marinade. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add olive oil. Once heated, add pork chops and sear o both sides until golden brown and cooked through.

I served my chops with a baked potato and apple sauce. It was delicious! The chops had a a great zip of tang in them from the wine, it was a great twist on this comfort dish.(And let me tell you...the chops were beyond tender!)

No comments:

Post a Comment