Monday, July 5, 2010

Brownies That Will Make You Want Some More ;)

While reading one of my favorite food blogs Picky Palate, I came across what just might be the best chocolaty concoction know to man! S'more filled brownies!!!! Yup - I said it... s'mores baked inside brownies!! Insane, right? Well, they are!


I found this recipe on Monday and was baking by Wednesday...which is rare for me... I tend to bake on weekends so I can sit and eat the final product all day. As excited as I was to try this recipe out, I had a few things to overcome.

First, the recipe calls for brownie mix made for 8 x 8 pans. I never knew that existed, and apparently, neither did my local grocery store. The only 8 x 8 mix I could find was chocolate chip brownies. After spending 10 minutes staring at brownie mixes, I gave up and got the chocolate chip mix... besides, it just means more chocolate, right? Second, 8 x 8 brownie mix needs to bake in an 8 x pan, right? Yes... and guess who didn't realize she doesn't own one? ME! I was completely exhausted so I went to my local five and dime store. Unfortunately, they only sold tin baking pans which isn't so bad since I'd probably end up bringing the brownies to work so I searched through my options. Again - no 8 x 8 pan! I settled for a pan that looked to be 8.5 x 11 (who cooks in that?) And when I got home I got a little ghetto with it. I folded up one side to make it as square as possible then snipped off the tall piece so it would fit in my oven. It worked perfectly!



Recipe:
1 box of your favorite 8 x 8 brownie mix (in my case, chocolate chip)
4 to 5 full Graham Crackers
3 to 4 full Hershey's bars
16 large marshmallows

1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 8 x 8 (or makeshift pan) with foil and spray with cooking spray.
2) Prepare brownie mix according to package directions.3) Pour half the brownie batter in the lined pan. Layer Graham crackers side-by-side over the brownie mix, gently. Break pieces off to fit entire pan. Next, layer Hershey bars in the same manner, then top with marshmallows. Pour remaining batter over marshmallows. (I chose to then roll my marshmallows over to coat them in the batter, but this is not necessary...I just wanted them to be extra chocolaty.) 4) Bake for 40 - 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out mostly clean from center. Remove from oven and cool completely. Carefully remove foil and brownies from pan. Peel any access foil from brownies and cut into squares.

How easy is that? And how ridiculous do these look!!!????




I absolutely love how you can bite into a chewy s'more on chocolaty steroids! I could eat these everyday! But to keep my girlish figure, I brought them to work and to friends over the holiday weekend. They were a hit by all!


For even better pictures, and a different way to bake them, check out Picky Palate's Post. She takes the greatest pictures for her posts and shows every step along the way. So cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment