Saturday, July 10, 2010

Fresh Pizza Pie

I usually don't like to get super creative on Sunday nights because in my opinion, Sunday's are lazy days so when it's time to cook dinner...I apply the same rules. The first thing that came to my mind for dinner was PIZZA! PIZZA!

All I had to do was pick up pre-made pizza dough and some spicy peperoni. The rest of my ingredients were in my fridge.


Recipe:
1/2 a ball of fresh mozzarella
3 tbsp basil pesto
1/2 cup pasta sauce (I used Classico's Caramelized Onion and Garlic sauce...so yummy!)
1 Roma tomato
5 to 6 pieces of spicy peperoni
salt and pepper to taste.

1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Spread pasta sauce all over crust. Slice fresh mozz and lay to cover most of the crust. Place into oven for 8 minutes.
3) While pizza begins to cook, cut peperoni slices in half, then slice tomato into thin slices.
4) After time elapses, remove pizza from oven and drop dollups of basil pesto in various places on the pizza. Then scatter tomato slices then peperoni to cover. Lastly, sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
5) Place back in oven for 5 minutes. Let cool then enjoy!

The perfect meal for any lazy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment