Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Mushroom and Pea Rigatoni

After the long holiday weekend, I was wiped out. Being in the sun all weekend can really do a number on energy. When I got home late Sunday night, all I wanted to do was crash but my stomach was begging for dinner. So I reached for the easiest thing in my pantry: Pasta!

I ran out of tomato sauce and forgot to pick up diced tomatoes when I was at the store last, so I whipped up a garlic and oil sauce, threw in some veggies and viola! I had a full meal in minutes.

Recipe:
8 oz rigatoni
8 oz frozen peas
16 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
6 tbsp butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
olive oil
salt and pepper

1) Cook noodles as directed on package. Drop frozen peas in with the noodles during the last two minutes of cooking.
2) In a medium skillet, melt 4 tbsp of butter over medium heat. Add mushrooms. Cook 5 to 7 minutes, until tender and golden brown. Remove from skillet and set aside.
3) In the same skillet, add 2 more tbsp of butter and saute garlic. Stir in at least 1/2 cup of oil, or more depending on how saucey you like your pasta. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4) Combine veggies, sauce and noodles and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment