After a long week of work and lots of surprises, I couldn't wait for the weekend. To put the icing on the cake, Saturday night was LADIES NIGHT! Aside from dancing and drinks galore, everyone brought great appetizers to pass.
I wanted to make something very flavorful, quick to make and easy to transport. I found an amazing recipe from Giada on Food Network: Mini Pesto Club Sammies!
1 loaf focaccia bread
1/2 package of bacon
thinly sliced white turkey
1) Slice focaccia in half, creating top and bottom slices. Toast bread in a dry frying pan on med-high heat. Spread pesto on both sides of bread and set aside.
2) Cook bacon, degrease with paper towel when finished, then place long-ways on focaccia.
3) Lay turkey on top of bacon, slightly overlapping itself. (The goal is to not have one layer over power the other, but to fully cover the bread.)
3) Lay provolone over meats. Top with other half of bread, that was already coated in pesto.
4) Cut into small cubed sammies, and serve!
Check out how great the layers look!