Tuesday, November 24, 2009

ITALIAN Cordon Bleu


I love trying new dishes, especially when I'm able to use up other ingredients left in my fridge. Since I made the Club Sammies over the weekend, I wanted to find a way to take advantage of the provolone left over.

Since you all know how much I use chicken, I'm sure you can guess where this is going (even if you didn't read the title of this post.) Why not change up the traditional Chicken Cordon Bleu by substituting provolone for swiss. Just to enhance the dish a little more, I purchased prosciutto instead of ham.
OMG! It was so delicious! The combination of the saltiness of the prosciutto with the sharpness of the provolone made every bite amazing. (And the almond covered green beans on the side were a great addition!)

Cordon Bleu Recipe:
5 Chicken breasts
5 Pieces of Provolone
3 Slices of Prosciutto
1 egg
1/4 cup of flower
1 cup of italian seasoned bread crumbs
Salt
Pepper

1) Sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt and pepper. Fold slice of Provolone and lay in the middle of the chicken. Top with 1/2 slice of prosciutto. Roll up each breast and secure with toothpick
2) Dredge each rolled breast in flower, then egg and finally in bread crumbs.
3) Please breast seam side down and bake for 35 minutes on 350 degrees.

Green Bean Recipe:
1 package of fresh green beans
2 handfuls of almonds, chopped
1 tbsp salted butter
Pepper

1) Boil green beans until tender. Strain then melt butter over beans.
2) Toss in chopped almonds and sprinkle with pepper.


I must say, I deserved an A+ after this dinner!! MMM mmm MMMM mmm MM!

No comments:

Post a Comment