Sunday was an eventful day for New York Sports fans. Manhattan was filled with runners taking on the ING New York City Marathon; The Giants were playing The Eagles and of course The Yankees were battling it out for the World Series.
Aside from recovering from a crazy Halloween night, I spent my day glued to the T.V. watching all the events. After snacking on chips all day, it was finally meal time!
The boys fired up the grill and threw on some burgers and hot dogs (Nathan's, of course!) Knowing that I couldn't handle a stomach full of just meat, I decided to whip up a little treat for everyone: CORN SALSA!!!
1 12oz bag of frozen corn
1/2 green pepper
1/4 cup of finely chopped red onion
8-10 grape tomatoes, chopped
2 tbsps finely chopped cilantro
1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil (evoo)
1 tbsp black pepper
1 tsp salt
dash of crushed red pepper
1 small lime
1) Boil corn as directed on package. Drain and rinse with cold water to bring corn down to room temperature. Once cooled and drained, place corn in a medium size bowl.
2) Dice green pepper, tomatoes, onion and cilantro and add to corn.
3) Pour olive oil over corn mixture and add salt, pepper and crushed red pepper.
4) Cut lime in half and squeeze juice over salsa.
5) Mix and serve with tortilla chips. (Scoops work best for this.)
Based on how quickly the salsa disappeared, I'd have to say I hit this one out of the park! ;)
PC: Anthony Charilas