Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Corn Tortilla Veggie Pizza

When I think of healthy dinners, pizza isn't necessarily the first thing that comes to mind. It's  absolutely delicious covered in gooey, yummy cheese topped with pepperoni or prosciutto and of course, once I start eating pizza, I can't put it down. Naturally, when making pizza at home, you have full control over the ingredients and can make healthier pizza pies!  I decided to do just that!

Rather than making or purchasing a gluten free crust, I used corn tortillas as my crust. Not only are they great for personal pizzas, but tend to be lower in calories than most crusts of the same size. I stuck to veggies and portion control on the cheese for these pizzas and they turned out delicious! I couldn't put my fork down.

Recipe:
Ingredients:
1 corn tortilla
3 to 4 tbsp of your favorite marinara sauce (I am obsessed with New Jersey Gravy brand!)
1 tsp olive oil
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella
1/4 cup sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup of spinach
1/2 cup of sliced red and yellow peppers

Directions: 
1) Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2) In a saute pan over medium high heat, heat olive oil then saute mushrooms, peppers and spinach until tender.
3) Meanwhile, on a lined baking sheet, spread tomato sauce on top of your corn tortilla. Once veggies are cooked through, spread evenly on top of sauce then sprinkle mozzarella.
4) Bake in oven for 6 to 8 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
*Double recipe to make two pizzas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment