Monday, February 16, 2015

Restaurant Review: Pie by the Pound

New York City is famous for it's pizza. While I can't walk into any pizzeria on the street and pick up a slice, thankfully there are some great gluten free options. The very first gluten free pizza I had was two years ago at Pie by the Pound. It was perfect! The restaurant highly promotes their gluten free goods. Pizza, grilled cheese, cookies, brownies, ciders and beer; all gluten free. They also serve regular pizza by the pound - hence their name.

I was so excited to have pizza that I ordered my fave tried and true pie - cheese and pepperoni. After a short wait I was diving into the crunchiest, cheesiest pizza I've had in a long time! The crust is delicious. It reminds me of a Cheez-It. The texture is super crisp like a Cheez-It and has a bit of a cheese flavor to it. Topped with a little sauce, cheese and pepperoni - it was perfect!!

While sitting at the table, the owner over heard me talking about the pizza and he asked if I had ever been to his restaurant before.  When I replied "no" he insisted that I try a gluten free beer and second pie on the house!! I was so excited! He suggested I try their "Fresh Cubed" pie. It was topped with fresh mozzarella,  tomato sauce, cubed tomato, garlic, oregano, basil, arugula and olive oil. It was BEYOND delicious!!!

I've been back to Pie several times since my first visit and have never been disappointed. In fact, I am signed up for their loyalty club that gives me discounts on my check anytime I am there! :)
The pic above was from a time I ordered sausage, onion and arugula! Yum.

Also, they have board games all over the place to play... can someone say Jenga!!?

No comments:

Post a Comment